A marriage license can be obtained at the Henry County Probate Court located at 99 Sims Street McDonough, GA 30253. To facilitate a quick turn around an appointment can be scheduled between 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday at the Probate Court office. Please note that due to the high volume of walk-in customers, those who wish to apply, or file for any of the above without an appointment may experience long wait times.
18 Years of Age or Older:
- Must have a valid driver’s license, state-issued ID or passport (if you were born outside of the United States please call our office for further information)
- Must have copy of final divorce decree signed by the judge showing date divorce was final and the case number. (Decree must be translated & the signature of the translator notarized if the decree is in a foreign language.)
- Without certification of pre-marital counseling: $76.00.
- With certification of pre-marital counseling: $36.00.
- Download Certification Form (PDF) Only the State Certification Form will be accepted.
- Both parties must be present (between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.; Monday through Friday)
- We accept cash, money order, local Henry County checks and debit/credit cards (MasterCard and Visa only).
For a list of questions that will be asked during the marriage license application process, please click here. You will need to have this information readily available when you apply for the license.
Under 18 Years of Age: Call the Probate Office at (770) 288-7600.